February 07, 2007

Adieu Team

I bid adieu to my team. The manager thanked me for my contributions and told me that if I change my mind I can join back the team; any time.

Two particular messages made me feel good. One is a chat message and the other is a mail. Both are given below

The mail:
I am sorry I did not have the chance to talk to you in person this week to say good bye. I really enjoyed working with you. You added a great sense of ethics, enthusiasm and high quality work to the team. Your work was instrumental and a key leadership example for the SE&A team in India and US as well. You really mastered your role, helped us a lot to mature and tailor the SE Capability pattern based on dynamic conditions and provided an excellent inputs for other SE&A initiatives. I could continue for a good time describing details of the quality of work your provided ... "Thank You Very Much and We Will Miss You !"

The chat message:
Me: It is final. I'll be leaving the team this month.
Colleague: BOOHOOHOO
Colleague: I am still in denial that you are leaving.
Me: :)

Bye team mates. I'll miss you too. Earth is a small planet. I'm sure our paths will cross again.


No comments: