June 21, 2007

P G Wodehouse - Jeeves and the Feudal Spirit

Got a chance to lay my restless hands on P G Wodehouse’s “Jeeves and the Feudal Spirit”. Quiet a riveting entertainer, I would say. It had the mercy to force me to keep aside some important work of mine, just to relish its waggish wit. Once out of its grip, I thought I would share some of the interesting quotes you may find strewn in the book…
Bertie: Love is a delicate plant that needs constant tending and nurturing, and this cannot be done by snorting at the adored object like a gas explosion and calling her/his stuffs anything that comes to mind!

Bertie: You know how it is with these earnest, brainy damsels of what is called a strong character. They can’t let the male soul alone. They want to get behind it and start shoving. Scarcely have they shaken the rice from their hair in the car driving off for the honeymoon than they pull up their socks and begin moulding the partner of joys and sorrows, and if there is one thing that gives me the pip, it is being moulded.

Aunt Dahlia: Florence proposes to mould you?
Bertie: I gathered so
Aunt Dahlia: You won’t like that
Bertie: No
Aunt Dahlia nodded understandingly: Men don’t. I attribute my own happy marriage to the fact that I have never so much as laid a finger on old Tom.

Mr. Trotter: You know what happens when you get married? You are bossed. You can’t call your soul your own. You become just a cipher in the home.

Bertie: What a lesson this should be to us, old flesh and blood, never to give up, never to despair… however dark the outlook…



3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good day !.
might , perhaps very interested to know how one can collect a huge starting capital .
There is no need to invest much at first. You may commense earning with as small sum of money as 20-100 dollars.

AimTrust is what you need
The firm represents an offshore structure with advanced asset management technologies in production and delivery of pipes for oil and gas.

It is based in Panama with offices around the world.
Do you want to become really rich in short time?
That`s your choice That`s what you really need!

I feel good, I started to take up income with the help of this company,
and I invite you to do the same. If it gets down to choose a proper partner utilizes your funds in a right way - that`s AimTrust!.
I take now up to 2G every day, and what I started with was a funny sum of 500 bucks!
It`s easy to start , just click this link http://ulabusuhu.virtue.nu/domakaz.html
and lucky you`re! Let`s take this option together to get rid of nastiness of the life

Anonymous said...

Hello !.
You may , probably very interested to know how one can collect a huge starting capital .
There is no initial capital needed You may commense to get income with as small sum of money as 20-100 dollars.

AimTrust is what you haven`t ever dreamt of such a chance to become rich
The firm represents an offshore structure with advanced asset management technologies in production and delivery of pipes for oil and gas.

Its head office is in Panama with affiliates around the world.
Do you want to become really rich in short time?
That`s your choice That`s what you desire!

I`m happy and lucky, I began to take up real money with the help of this company,
and I invite you to do the same. It`s all about how to choose a correct partner who uses your funds in a right way - that`s the AimTrust!.
I make 2G daily, and my first investment was 500 dollars only!
It`s easy to start , just click this link http://apamicih.o-f.com/izawyqi.html
and lucky you`re! Let`s take this option together to become rich

Anonymous said...

Hello I'd like to thank you for such a terrific quality forum!
thought this would be a nice way to introduce myself!

Sincerely,
Robin Toby
if you're ever bored check out my site!
[url=http://www.partyopedia.com/articles/thomas-the-tank-engine-party-supplies.html]thomas the tank engine Party Supplies[/url].