July 09, 2007

Mini Mathur's Tips

Came across this link about Mini Mathur - a popular TV anchor who is an MBA. In this interview she talk about her marriage and work-life balance. Interesting excerpts are given below...

Q: You took a year long sabbatical from the telescreen. Tell us about your domestic life. You got married and have a baby. How do you balance your home and your career?

A: Very beautifully. I'm the kind of person who would be very unhappy not having a career. But I am lucky I have a great husband, Kabir Khan, who makes documentary films, so he understands how we function. He has always been very encouraging. So I've never had to adapt myself and be someone else. I've never felt shackled. We give each other phenomenal space. He also travels 65 days in the year and both of us are very busy. It's the most beautiful experience to go back to this lovely little baby at home after work. It makes life so much more worthwhile.

Q: Did your inter-religious marriage pose any problems?

A: Never. Both of us are not very religious. On a personal level we don't really sit and pray or anything, so it's never come in the way of our marriage. But he comes to my family's pujas and I am more than happy to be part of his family's religious functions. My child will decide when he is old enough to. He is only a year and a half old right now.

Q: How do you spend quality time together?

A: We spend Sundays together and whenever we are not shooting we catch up with each other. We brood that we don't have bank holidays etc like our other friends. We always bring work home and we never switch off, being in this line! We manage our yearly vacations though! I have a fantastic mother-in-law who takes care of my son when I am out shooting. So I am blessed with a great family and infrastructure and support system. I wouldn't have been able to do my work had it not been for her!

Here's more on her: Click here


No comments: