September 26, 2006

Why the cook can't maintain the quality of "bulls-eye-double-side"

I normally have my breakfast outside; at a nearby mess. One of the items that I usually order is a "bulls-eye-double-side". “Bulls-eye-double-side” is a normal bulls-eyes with both the sides roasted. The exterior of the yolk part, like a lemon, will give you the impression that it is a bit hard. What lies inside is the tasty yellow liquid yolk. Put a little bit of black pepper and salt on it and devour it piece by piece. (I’m drooling)

I just love to slowly dissect the soft hard surface of the "bulls-eye-double-side" to find that yummy yellow liquid. It reminds me of a surgeon carefully working on his patient’s body. The only difference is that the surgeon won’t devour his patient at the end of the surgery; but I do. Ok, those who didn’t like that comparison, please erase that last line from your memory. Well, what I was trying to arrive at was that I am particular about a "bulls-eye-double-side" with a LIQUID yolk.

Coming back to the mess, what I have observed is whenever I place an order for TWO "bulls-eye-double-side", the cook fails miserably. What he would give me is TWO with HARD yolks. That never happens when I order for a SINGLE "bulls-eye-double-side". Placing an order for a SINGLE "bulls-eye-double-side" always produces a master piece. Isn't it a perfect example of quantity working against quality?




No comments: