April 21, 2007

A World-War-II Love Story

"Dearest, Marry Me. I love you so much. As much as... perhaps even more than that Jew... who is now in the Auschwitz-Birkenau Concentration Camp. I know you love him. But you know very well that he will perhaps never see the outside world again. Please give me an opportunity to show you how much I love you"

The German Officer pleaded to his Love. He was madly in love with her and wanted to see her World-War-II-woes come to an end. He knew that she loved the Jew so much. But that did not prevent him from loving her. He wanted to marry her.

She looked at him and said: "Do you love me?"
"More than anyone my dear"
"Can you do me a favor?"
"Anything for you my love"
"Can you please help me sneak into Auschwitz-Birkenau as an inmate? I would like to spend my last-dying-days with my love - That Jew"


Story narrated by Thoonkuzi Bishop in one of his sermons.


No comments: