November 17, 2006

Worm in Cafeteria Food!

Today I got a mail from a colleague. Subject: "Worm in Cafeteria Food!" It had a few attachments - the pictures of the worm crawling out from his curry, served by Riviera Food Court. Calvin would have loved to pick it and drop it in Susie's plate :-). Riviera Food Court, Located in Embassy Golf Links, Bangalore, is not our company's "official" cafeteria. But virtually it is! This venture started by a food vendor has monopolized the Embassy Golf Links business park. There is absolutely no competition in 1 sq km around the business park. Result: Pathetic food quality. Folks who eat here do so because they have no other option. Having food outside the park will cost them TIME, which they don't have when work pressure touches its peak.

Coming back to the mail, something I found interesting about it was the attachments - the pictures. Why? Because those pictures were captured in a mobile camera (Mobile Phone with Camera). Makes me think how powerful mobile cameras can get. If the Indian Judiciary can accept footages taken on mobile cameras as proof to charge the guilty, we can have millions of amateur journalists guarding our society from such menace. Five years back, could anyone imagine how powerful telecom could get?

Mentation aside, after getting the mail, I tried to reach the Food Inspector of Bangalore. I gave a google search - "Food Inspector Bangalore phone number" - to get the phone number. It fetched me nothing. So I called up JustDial - a yellow page service (Ph +91-80-23333333) and got the number of Food and Civil Supplies Corporation Ltd, Kasturba Road, Bangalore. (Ph +91-80-22214431). When I called up, the personnel told me that the area I was referring to, i.e. Domlur, comes under the jurisdiction of another office of Food and Civil Supplies Corporation. He gave me the number of that office - +91-80-25360750. I dialed that number to get "Ee dooravani durasthiyillathe. Dayavittu swapa samayandadra dial maadi", which translates to - "This telephone is Out of Order. Please try after some time".

Guess I should try after a few days and learn the process of filing a complaint. Might get handy.

PS: I finally managed to get the Karnataka Food and Civil Supplies Corporation Ltd Contact Details. Click here to get the details.









Riviera Food Court Manager "inspects" the worm



No comments: