November 17, 2007

Two Poems...

Came across two poems...

Interesting simple ones...

Feelings Poem... by Spike Milligan

There must be a wound!
No one can be this hurt
and not bleed.

How could she injure me so?
No marks
No bruise

Worse!
People say 'My, you're looking well'
…..God help me!
She's mummified me -
ALIVE!


Tonight

I’ll hold back my tears tonight
As I know I can’t have you with me
I’ll try to sleep tonight
But what’s the point?
When I wake up nothing will have changed.

I’ll be sad tonight
And probably tomorrow too
I’ll put on an act though
To try to keep a straight face around you
I know you won’t sense my pain

I’ll think of you tonight
It’s so hard to not cry
Heartbreak feels so low
I’ll try to forget my sorrow
As I know you won’t think of me

I’ll see the stars tonight
And watch them twinkle in the charcoal sky
If the universe is infinite
Then I’ll look for a parallel world
Where you and me are together

And I’ll just wish I was there.


No comments: