September 18, 2007

Tuesdays with Morrie

Some quotes from Tuesdays with Morrie
Morrie: Life is a series of pulls back and forth. You want to do one thing, but you are bound to do something else. Something hurts you, yet you know it shouldn't. You take certain things for granted, even when you know you should never take anything for granted.

Henry Adams: A teacher affects eternity; he can never tell where his influence stops

Morrie: Do what Buddhists do. Every day, have a little bird on your shoulder that asks, 'Is today the day? Am I ready? Am I doing all I need to do? Am I being the person I want to be?

Morrie on why people hate aging: It reflects unsatisfied lives. Lives that haven't found meaning. Because if you have found meaning in your life, you don't want to go back. You want to go forward. You want to see more, do more. You can't wait until sixty-five.

M Gandhi: Each night, when I go to sleep, I die. And the next morning, when I wake up, I am reborn.

Morrie: I believe in being fully present. That means you should be with the person you are with. When I'm talking to you now, I try to keep focused only on what is going on between us. I'm not thinking about something we said last week. I am not thinking of what's coming up this Friday.

There is no thing as "too late" in life


No comments: