October 02, 2009

Recession

My few-months-old nephew - Elvin - was throwing tantrums. He was crying and screaming...

My younger sister – his mother – was trying to console and clam him down...
So was my mother...
So was my brother-in-law...

But there was no relief...

That is when my four year old niece - Leya - entered the scene...

She gets onto the bed; pats the back of my nephew and says: "Don't cry. It is RECESSION... It is ok... Stop crying... " Then she turns to our stunned face... and gives her nice innocent smile.

We still have no clue from where she picked that 'recession' word. Even my nephew went silent for a while, as if acknowledging those 'words of wisdom'

****************************

Well... that happened last March. It is almost a year since that happened. I hope (and badly wish) the economy starts looking up. Else..., this time I'll be the one who will be throwing up tantrums.
And I don't have my niece around to consoled me...


No comments: